WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The type of information we may collect and hold includes personal information about:
- customers, business associates, potential customers and their employees, contractors and agents;
- information concerning individuals we collect in the course of dealing with customers, business associates, potential customers and their employees, contractors and agents;
- suppliers and their employees;
- employees, prospective employees , contractors and agents; and
- other people who come into contact with us.
In general, the personal information we collect and hold includes a person’s name, contact details, occupation, personal preferences, payment, banking and other financial details, employment history, education and qualifications, testimonials and feedback, and other information which assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations. In some cases we may also collect ‘sensitive information’, such as information about an individual’s membership of a professional association, criminal record or health information, and credit information and credit eligibility information about you, such as credit reports, consumer credit liability information and payment history.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including (whether in person, in writing or on-line:
- when purchasing from us;
- when registering a product warranty;
- when submitting an enquiry or booking a service call;
- when responding to promotional offers or competitions;
- when conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- when completing applications, authorities and other forms;
- when accessing our websites; and
- via third parties, including credit reporting bodies and debt collection agencies.
WHY YOUR INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW IS IT USED BY US?
We collect personal information to conduct our business and to provide you with the specific goods and services you require and to administer services, such as those mentioned above, and to ensure that our service levels are always of the highest standard. We also use personal information:
- to send you information (by email or post) that you explicitly request. (Note: If at any time you receive material that you did not request or if you no longer want to receive such material, see ‘How Can You ‘Opt Out’?’ below);
- to promote and market to you details of our products and services which we consider may be of interest to you, including information about special offers and competitions;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to conduct appropriate credit checks;
- to facilitate third parties to assist us in providing our goods and services (including hosting and data storage providers and debt collectors, whether located within or outside Australia); and
- for our internal marketing, research and analysis purposes to assist us in better understanding our market, our customers, their needs and their views about our products and services. For these purposes, we develop aggregate or summary (i.e. not individual) reports which incorporate some personal Information. These reports do not include any personally identifiable information.
WHO MAY WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
We may disclose your personal information (including, in certain limited circumstances, your sensitive information):
- to our related companies & businesses;
- to entities who assist us in providing our services (including hosting and data storage providers and credit reporting bodies and debt collection agencies);
- to social media sites on which we have a presence; and
- where we are required to do so by law.
We will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply personal information to outside third parties without your consent except where:
- such disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988;
- we are required or authorized by law to disclose information;
- we have outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you.
HOW DO WE MAINTAIN SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We take reasonable care to keep your personal information secure and confidential. We have security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of your personal information under our control. These security measures include restricting and securing access to our databases. We regard unauthorised use of or access to your personal information by our employees, contractors or agents as a serious matter that will be subject to appropriate disciplinary or other action.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS, CORRECT AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act 1988, you may seek access to and correction of the personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. If a fee is charged for providing access, you will be advised of the likely cost in advance.
HOW CAN YOU ‘OPT OUT’?
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with marketing communications in relation to special offers, competitions, products and services that we have available. If you would not like to receive these communications from us you may opt out by contacting our Privacy Officer.
ARE WE LIKELY TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
We may disclose your personal information to the following overseas recipients:
- to third parties who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as third party service providers);
- to anyone where we are required or authorised by law to do so; and
- to anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
APPLICATION OF EUROPEAN PRIVACY LAWS
We are the data controller for our website and services provided through our website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
NOTIFIABLE DATA BREACHES SCHEME
In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A PRIVACY RELATED COMPLAINT?
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer. We may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by the Privacy Officer and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made, usually within 30 days.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
MODIFICATIONS OR UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
OUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Privacy Officer – Tyremax Pty Ltd
PO Box 299 Thomastown, Victoria 3074 Australia
Ph: (+61 3) 1300 120 120
Last Updated: May 2019